While there is no denying that our skin needs total love and care every other day, people with oily skins might need to give their skin extra TLC. People with oily skin have to worry and deal with skin breakouts, pimples, and acne. While there are several products and treatments that can be used such as cleansers and moisturizers, getting the best soap for oily skin can make a significant difference.
People with oily skin need to pick a soap that is mildly formulated. Alternatively, they should also consider getting a soap that is infused with natural ingredients. As always, it’s advisable to pick a product that can remove dirt and impurities from your skin, all while controlling the oiliness. To help you choose the best soap for oily skin, we have reviewed some of the best soap for oily skin that you can find in the market today.
1.Cetaphil Deep Cleansing Bar
This Cetaphil Deep Cleansing bar is an improved version of the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Anti-Bacterial soap. It works by removing oil, impurities, and dirt thus deeply cleansing both your face and body. It works well for most skin types.
- Works by removing oil, impurities, and dirt, leaving your face and body deeply cleansed.
- Perfect for oily skin, but it’s also suitable for all skin types.
- It features five different nourishing ingredients that don’t leave your skin dry.
- There two different sizes to choose from – a pack of three and a pack of six.
- This Cetaphil soap is non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog the pores) and hypoallergenic.
- Easily forms a rich lather and cleanses the skin gently.
- When used, it leaves the skin soft, refreshed, and moisturized.
- It’s a good soap for people with eczema and psoriasis.
- Perfect choice for anyone with rough skin as it helps smoothen the skin after a bath.
- Some customers have said it also works well for treating dandruff on the scalp.
- Ideal for everyday use and doesn’t cause any irritation to the skin.
- Cetaphil uses ingredients that are safe, effective, and gentle on the skin.
- May not be great for people with ultra-sensitive skin. It has a strong smell that may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
2.Keika Naturals Charcoal Black Soap
The Keika Naturals Charcoal black soap is perfect for teens, women, and men with oily skin but still deal with acne, psoriasis, and eczema. It’s affordable but depending on the packs you buy it in, it can be a bit costly.
- It’s available in three different sizes – one pack, three-pack, and six-pack.
- It’s affordable.
- An excellent choice for teens, women, and men fighting acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- By buying this soap, you will be making a difference as Keika has partnered with a non-profit organization so that for every soap bought, they plant a tree to reduce extreme poverty and restore the forests.
- Formulated using nothing but the best ingredients to ensure that your skin stays healthy longer.
- The soap is handmade in Canada, is non-GMO, chemical-free, and 100 percent vegan.
- Because of the natural ingredients used, this soap helps you achieve clean and clear skin naturally.
- Can be utilized as a face soap, shaving soap as well as a body wash.
- Works well as a skin detox as well as a natural treatment for people troubled with sensitive skin.
- It’s lightly scented, lasts longer, is bigger, and is infused with peppermint essential oil and grade tea tree blend.
- Could be a bit rough on the skin.
3.Sea Salt Soap
Another excellent soap choice for people with oily skin is this Sea Salt soap that is formulated with goat milk and sea salt. This soap has significant benefits as it helps control oil, shrink pores, and deeply cleanse the skin.
- Works as an all-natural exfoliant scrub that helps cleanse, detoxify, and leave your skin with a healthy glow.
- The ingredients used are gentle and don’t cause any skin irritation.
- The goat milk helps relieve acne, leaving you with clean skin.
- Can be used every day as the ingredients used are mild.
- An excellent choice for people with oily as well as dry skin. It can be used on the face, hands, and body.
- Suitable for dispensing mites.
- Can be used by teens, women, and men.
- The use of both Himalayan and sea salt is a strong combination as they have powerful deodorizing properties.
- Similar to the Keika Natural Charcoal Black soap, this Sea Salt soap can also be used as a body soap, facial soap, or a shaving soap.
- Can be used to fight acne.
- This soap cleans, conditions as well, as moisturizes the skin.
- Suitable for most skin types.
- Not advisable for people with sensitive skin.
4.Beauty by Earth Facial Bar Soap
This soap from Beauty by Earth is organically made for people with oily skin. It’s formulated using charcoal, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, witch hazel, rosemary extract, rose petal, coconut oil, water, and shea butter to help treat acne, remove blemishes, and leave you with glowing skin.
- Made organically for individuals with oily skin.
- Infused with a variety of ingredients such as charcoal, coconut oil, peppermint oil, rose petal, rosemary extract, tea tree oil, shea butter, and water.
- Helps give the skin a glowing look.
- This soap is handmade and is ideal for treating acne, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
- It’s a paraben-, sulfate-, and cruelty-free bar soap.
- Works by detoxing the skin as well as cleansing and hydrating the skin.
- It has a pleasant and light scent from organic essential oils.
- Perfect soap for both teenagers, men, and women alike.
- Helps clear dead skin cells, blackheads, and dryness in a natural way.
- Made from all-natural ingredients that are organic, which means you don’t have to worry about skin irritation, damage, or over-dryness.
- Beauty by Earth is sure of their product and are willing to refund you all your money if, for whatever reason, you aren’t pleased with the soap.
- May not be ideal for all skin types.
5.Charcoal Soap Treatment Bar
This bamboo charcoal soap by New Leaf is infused with bamboo charcoal to get rid of impurities and grime as well as to help detoxify your skin. Besides the face, this soap can also be used on the body and is ideal for people with oily skin.
- Formulated with bamboo charcoal to help remove impurities, grime, all while detoxifying the skin.
- Infused with pure natural ingredients making it ideal for use on both the face and body.
- Besides being suitable for oily skin, the soap can also be used in reducing blemishes and treating acne.
- This soap is colorants-, sulfate-, phthalates-, and preservatives-free.
- It’s quite effective when used against body odor, itching, and psoriasis.
- It lathers well and is long-lasting.
- Leaves your skin feeling clean as it removes both toxins and dirt and doesn’t leave any greasy residue.
- It does not cause any irritation or cause any sting on sensitive areas as it doesn’t contain mint or tea tree oil.
- For a three-pack, the price is quite affordable compared to other single charcoal bar soaps that are more expensive.
- Guaranteed clearer and clean skin within 30-days or your money back.
- Because of the charcoal, it has an unpleasant smell that may not be ideal for everyone.
6.Natrulo Acne Bar Soap
This Natrulo Acne bar soap is not only a 100 percent natural bar soap, it’s also formulated with activated clay, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, among others. This soap works by removing dirt and other impurities, all while effectively treating acne.
- 100 percent natural bar soap that is free from parabens, artificial dyes, harsh chemicals, petroleum, and phthalates.
- Ideal for all skin types and on the face as well as the body.
- Formulated using a wide array of ingredients such as olive oil, castor oil, shea butter, tea tree oil, coconut oil, among others.
- Features activated charcoal and bentonite clay that help to effectively remove bacteria and dirt all while absorbing excess oil from your skin.
- It’s an anti-acne soap that can be used to fight acne all while leaving the skin nourished and reducing any acne scarring.
- Helps prevent and treat acne without leaving the skin dry.
- Formulated with a gentle formula that is ideal for all skin types – oily, dry, and sensitive skin included.
- The bentonite clay helps to detoxify the skin as well as remove impurities and blackheads, leaving your skin clearer and brighter.
- It is safe, effective, and lathers really well.
- It’s not long-lasting.
7.SheaMoisture Face & Body Bar
If you are a vegan with oily skin and looking for one of the best soaps for oily skin that is also vegan, consider this SheaMoisture face and body soap. It’s formulated using palm ash, plantain peel, and tamarind extract that help provide balance to people with oily skin.
- This Shea Moisture soap can be used for both the face and body, and it helps clarify oily skin that is blemish-prone.
- The infused tamarind extract helps to exfoliate the skin as it’s a natural astringent, while the tea tree oil works to mattify and soothe the skin as it’s a gentle purifying essential oil.
- This soap is free from any parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sulfates. Shea Moisture doesn’t test on animals making it a vegan-friendly soap.
- It’s among the best facial cleansers for people dealing with oily skin.
- Works by balancing oily skin and also helps to relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, leaving the skin clearer.
- The infused coconut oil and shea butter help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Helps reduce and prevent breakouts that show on the skin’s surface.
- The infused charcoal ingredient helps to detoxify the skin.
- Some people may experience skin irritation.
8.Clinique Three Little Soaps
This pack from Clinique comes with three soap bars. Each soap is packaged in a portable and elegant soap dish, making them ideal for frequent travelers. In addition, and most importantly, it’s a clinically formulated soap that is best suited to cleanse the face.
- Ideal for use when traveling thanks to the packaging.
- It’s a clinically formulated soap that is designed for cleansing the face.
- It has a light fragrance, and each of the three soaps is packaged in a stylish portable soap dish.
- This soap is highly advocated by dermatologists and has a mild formulation, which means it won’t cause any major skin irritation
- These three little soaps clean gently and rinse easily.
- 100 percent authentic and isn’t harsh on the skin.
- Controls oil on the skin as well as keep the skin clear.
- The soap is high-quality, and has received nothing but positive reviews from past customers.
- It is an effective soap that helps clear blemishes while leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Because it’s not harsh on the skin, you can immediately use a moisturizer after washing your face.
- For the size, it’s a little bit expensive and is also small for at-home use.
There are several reasons why one may have oily skin besides the obvious reason of the sebaceous gland producing excess oil. Hormonal changes, genetics, environment, and overuse of skincare products are some of the reasons one may have oily skin. When fighting oily skin, it’s important to choose the right soap and skincare products.
When searching for the best soap for oily skin, it’s important to consider the ingredients used. Ensure you choose a soap that is free of any chemicals and is formulated with natural ingredients. Secondly, consider your skin type. Do you have an oily, sensitive, oily, or combination skin? Also, you need to factor in whether your skin is allergic to any ingredient or is acne-prone.
Lastly, consider whether the products are eco-friendly – that means the use of environmentally-friendly and cruelty-free ingredients.